Golden Apple Awards
2015 Golden Apple Awards
The 2015 Golden Apple Awards process will kick off in participating Partners in Education schools Monday, Oct. 14, through Wednesday, Oct. 16. Stay tuned for more information!
2014 Golden Apple Award honorees:
- Kerstin Westcott, Washington Middle School (Green Bay)
- Audrey Nowak, Bay Port High School (Howard-Suamico)
- Amy Kupsh, Valley View Elementary (Ashwaubenon)
- Sean Gibbons, West De Pere Middle School
- Westwood Elementary Team - Regan Budek, Stacey Derbique, Samantha Sullivan, Kayla Weyenberg (West De Pere)
- Kelly Suda, Green Bay Preble High School
- Sheila Kohl, West De Pere Middle School
2014 Teachers of Distinction
We will celebrate at the 21st annual Golden Apple Awards event on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at the Radisson Hotel & Conference Center. For ticket information, please call Marilyn Heim at 920.593.3419.
5:30 p.m. – Reception at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Three Clans Complex Lobby. Individually wrapped chocolates - three of which include a ticket for a large-ticket door prize - will be available for purchase. The "grand opening of the chocolates" will occur at 7 p.m.
6:00 p.m. – Seating for dinner
6:15 p.m. - Welcome by Tom Hedge, Schreiber Foods, honorary Golden Apple Awards chairman
6:20 p.m. - Dinner is served
7:30 p.m. - Formal awards program, taped by WLUK FOX 11
2013 Golden Apple Award recipients
Each year, the Golden Apple Awards program improves community awareness of the quality of education in the Greater Green Bay area by recognizing high standards of professionalism, leadership and innovation in teaching with the Golden Apple Awards. Seven recipients (individuals and/or teams) are selected annually through a multi-level screening of anonymous applications and personal interviews. Selection criteria are based on the National Board of Professional Teaching standards, which identify the essential knowledge, skills and dispositions expected of experienced, quality teachers. The selection process focuses on elements such as:
- commitment to student learning;
- assessment of and use of tools to advance student progress;
- efforts to stimulate student interest in learning